Clear, relevant and entertaining training
TaxBytes is a leading in-house training company for accountants and lawyers
Jo-anne Hotston left the comfort zone of tax consulting in a second-tier firm to pursue her love of tax training in 1995. At that point she could not have predicted the amount, and constant flow of tax changes, ATO rulings and announcement to which professional practitioners are now exposed.
Under Jo-anne’s direction, TaxBytes has forged a reputation as one of Australia’s most in-demand training companies for in-house and special events.
We stay on top of tax changes, so you don’t have to.
TaxBytes became part of the Knowledge Shop family in February 2018.
“Jo-anne has provided regular tax updates and other tax training for our firm for many years. The content and materials provided for the tax training are excellent and an ongoing resource for staff.
Jo-anne’s presentations are also engaging (and entertaining) and she has the ability to cut through the technical detail and provide relevant and practical insights. The additional value our staff get from Jo-anne is not just a technical update but insights and discussion into how tax changes may impact our clients.”
Partner, Taxation Consulting
Bentleys (QLD) Pty Ltd
TaxBytes delivers training that:
- Makes the complex clear. Everything we teach is practical and relevant and comes with written materials to support all you learn.
- Keeps you in the know. Receive the latest tax updates, changes and case law – with worked examples demonstrating what it all means for your clients and your business.
- Saves you time. Our in-house tax training takes place at your office monthly, quarterly or every six months, so you experience very little down time.
- Saves on costs. The cost of in-house training is the same no matter how many of your team attend.
- Keeps your staff motivated. Good training is often crucial to attracting and retaining staff.
- Makes learning fun. We make every session enjoyable. We know better than most that tax can be a little dry. But with our refreshing style, it no longer has to be.
What Our Clients Say
Our team, and therefore our clients, have benefited greatly from Jo-anne Hotston’s training. Her approach encourages all team members, at all levels, to contribute to the training sessions. And her ability to relate the technical updates and in-depth special topics to the sort of day-to-day client matters we encounter enhances the learning experience and reinforces the knowledge. And, as a number of our juniors have commented, Jo-anne even manages to make tax interesting...and fun, too.
Jo-anne has provided a fabulous informative monthly tax update to our firm for many years, together with special topics that we select. We have always found her to be an engaging presenter, capable of scaling her delivery in a way that all attendees can appreciate. I unreservedly recommend Joanne as a tax presenter and a very practical and reliable resource for accounting firms.
Jo-anne presents incisive and informative tax updates which are relevant and enjoyable. The sessions are easily accessible to all participants, irrespective of their level of knowledge and training. We find that holding the sessions in-house is beneficial, as Jo-anne has developed a rapport with the Partners and staff, enabling us to feel comfortable to ask questions and discuss areas of concern.”